Monday, January 19, 2009

Slow cooker soup

When I did Weight Watchers back in 2004 this was my staple, I ate it with everything as a side for some substance. It's a zero point soup and it's delicious. Since I like it so much I decided to make it last night.

This is before it all cooks down into a delicious soup. One year I even made a crock pot of this for my Dad for Father's Day. Seriously, it's that good.

10 oz Baby Spinach (I use 12 oz)
1 medium onion, chopped (I don't use the whole onion)
A few carrots, chopped (recipe says two, I use more)
A few stalks of celery, chopped (recipe says two, I use more)
28oz can of diced tomatoes
4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium is best)
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/s tsp red pepper flakes (I use more)
1 medium garlic clove, minced

Put it all in the slow cooker and cook for 300 minutes on high. Remove bay leaves before serving.

No comments: