Saturday, January 30, 2010

Excellent deals

The purchases above were made at Walgreens today. The Pert Plus was on sale for 2/$5 plus a $2 Register Reward to be used on a future purchase. I also had a coupon for $1 off so it was like getting them for $1 each. The Sure was on sale for 2/$5 also. Then there was a Walgreens coupon bringing it down to 2/$3 and I had two coupons totaling $2.50 so I got both of those for $0.50.

My total before coupons was $13.98 and after coupons I spent $4.90. Plus the $2 Register Rewards I got all that for $2.90!!


CVS wasn't quite as good, but still not bad. I had a BOGO coupon for the Always (buy the larger one, get the smaller for free) and the Safeguard soap was on clearance and I had a coupon. My total before coupons was $14.80 then I saved $3.89 on the Always and $2.64 on the soap. I ended up spending $8.27 and the soap was only $0.64!

It looks like Walgreens has some great deals coming up this week. I follow the blog Common Sense With Money and it is so helpful in planning shopping trips. In my opinion to make it work, you need to know prices and you need to be willing to use brands on certain things that you might not normally. For instance, we've never used the Pert, Sure or Safeguard that I bought today...but we're willing to try for the price!

Since I started doing this (January 14th) I have saved $169.30 (shopping at Walgreens, CVS and Shaw's) by matching sales fliers to coupons. Awesome.

(You may notice (as I just did) that my math doesn't add up perfectly. That's a lovely thing called sales tax - 5% here in Maine).

No comments: