Monday, January 25, 2010

It's been a year!

A year ago today we put in the offer on our house. It was accepted two days later (the 27th) and we closed a month after that (February 27th). I can't believe it's been a whole year already, it feels like yesterday! I remember how long it took until the house actually felt like ours. I think that had to do with the fact we didn't change anything (paint, flooring etc). It was perfect and still us. Every week for this entire year we have commented on how much we love our house!

This weekend we really blew some of the money I've been saving grocery shopping. Saturday we bought blinds for the study and one bedroom upstairs (although we found them at Big Lots and they were more than 50% cheaper than Lowes). We also bought a table for the laundry room and a dvd tower. But we did have a 20% off coupon for everything!!

Sunday we went to brunch with Pat's parents at this wonderful breakfast buffet at The Red Fox and it was wonderful! Then we went shopping at the outlets in North Conway because we were both in need of some new clothes. We both hate clothes shopping so much, but sometimes it's necessary.

There is ONE thing I didn't mind shopping for though. A new purse! Coach opened an outlet this summer there and we hadn't been in. Probably a good thing since I found this beauty I needed!

0124002130.jpg picture by jaimebeth9

It had been years since I had a new purse and it was high time. I love it.

No comments: