Monday, October 3, 2011

Lifestyle Change


I'm finding a lot of inspirational quotes on Pinterest that definitely apply to me.  I want to share them to remind myself and to also possibly help and inspire someone else.


Anyone that has ever lost weight on a diet and then gained it back knows that this is true.

In 2004 I lost almost 40 pounds on Weight Watchers.  Sadly, I didn't treat it as a lifestyle change, but a diet.  Once I was happy with my weight, I gained it all (and more) back.

Why did the program stop working for me?  Let me correct that question.  Why did I stop working the program?

I believe that for a lot of people Weight Watchers can be a sustainable lifestyle.  You eat 'real' food as opposed to 'plan' food.  The program teaches healthy living tips and tools.  What you can't do is go back to how you were eating before once you're at a happy weight.

That was my mistake...I went back to my prior ways that made me overweight in the first place.  This is not to say that you can never have that treat again, you can.  In fact, you should...in moderation.

I feel like this time around I'm making the changes that will be sustainable life changes.  I'm not looking for the 'get thin quick' plan.  I know this isn't going to be quick or easy, but with the proper tools and planning it can be forever.

No comments: