Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Even when you don't want to...

I won't lie.  I was not planning on working out this morning.

I had a rough night of sleep and at 2am when I was laying in bed awake with sore feet, I convinced myself that I'd just turn off my alarm at 6am and enjoy an extra hour of sleep.

Well, 6am rolled around and I picked up my phone to shut off my alarm.  I got out of bed and was already dressed in exercise clothes before I remembered what I told myself in the middle of the night.

I was thiiiiiis close to getting back in bed, but I didn't.  I figured I'd start walking and see how I felt.  Honestly?  I felt fine.  I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be in the middle of the night.  My feet didn't hurt.  I was fine.  I walked for 30 minutes and was pretty proud of myself for getting up, even when I really didn't want to.

I think that's the biggest factor.  Doing what you know you need to, even when you don't want to.

Pinned Image

2 comments:

Heather R. said...

So proud of you, Jaime!

Emily said...

This is awesome!! :)