Monday, October 27, 2008

Part 3!

So we piled in the limo and headed to Martindale. I'm still not sure if it had sunk in yet that yes, we were married. When we got there we stayed downstairs for a while and tried to get some pictures. I'm not overly optimistic that any of them will be any good. It was raining and crappy and I just wasn't feeling it - but we'll see.

We went upstairs and our DJ immediately came out and got ready to introduce us. He lined us up and it was awesome. The bridal party walked into the Eye of the Tiger song and Pat and I got introduced to Shipping up to Boston by the Dropkick Murphys. People loved it! My Aunt Jackie said her favorite part was our introduction and when I raised my bouquet in the air.

From there we went right into our first dance. We chose Corey Smith's song "First Dance" and it was perfect. You probably haven't heard it - but you can do a search for him on youtube or facebook and hear it. It's worth it and perfect for our fall wedding! We did an abbreviated fox trot and I guess I'm glad we did that rather than just sway back and forth. I don't think we looked super professional or anything, but I hope we didn't look like fools.

After that we sat down to eat. The head table was served by the waitstaff and everyone else was dismissed to get food table by table. The food was delicious - what little I ate of it. I was too anxious to get up and talk to everyone. I let Pat have a few bites and then I dragged him around to the tables. This wasn't planned, but it just felt right.

Once we were finished with that I danced with Dad. He had chosen a Paul Anka song to dance to and then Pat and his mom danced to a Kermit the Frog song - The Rainbow Connection. Two groomsmen also went to get his aunts and danced with them during it as well - it was planned and cute.

After that we had open dancing for about an hour. I was SHOCKED how many people were out on that floor, it was seriously rocking. Everyone was just having such a blast, I was thrilled. People were drinking and laughing and dancing and it was just great.

We cut the cake after about an hour and we were nice to each other - no smashing for us! People tried to egg us on, but we weren't having it. The cake was delicious! We only got the one bite, but later in the night I had one of the waitresses find us each a piece so we could enjoy some cake and down time.

After that we just danced, danced, danced. We wound down around 9:30 and that was long enough considering the ceremony was at 2pm. I think if it was a nicer night people might have stayed later, but it was raining so we didn't get to use the deck that I was excited about. I hardly noticed, I promise. Nothing was getting me down that day...and there were certainly a number of things that went wrong!!

We didn't have a car at the reception so my parents drove us to the hotel, even though we were both stone cold sober. Once we got to the hotel I just crashed. We had a ton of friends staying there though, so we hung out with them for a while. But when you're sober and tired and everyone else is drunk it just isn't that much fun.

Pat and I went back to our room, lit the fire and got in the jacuzzi. It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.

**If I'm forgetting anything or you have questions or want clarification just leave me a comment!**

No comments: