Sunday, February 1, 2009

Slow cooker chicken taco soup

I have had this recipe starred in my Google reader for more than a year now because Pat and I love both chicken and mexican food. Yesterday we bought a bunch of chicken since they were having a super sale, so I needed to find something to make. Turns out I only had to run to the local marketplace for a couple of items (as if I'd have an onion on hand)!

It's currently in the slow cooker and it smelled pretty good putting it all together. I've never made anything with a beer base before, so I'm intrigued by that. I know a lot of people have had good luck with it.

Here's what it should look like when it's done. I have some tortilla chips to serve it with. Pat will be home around 8:30 if he gets out on time, so it will be a late dinner.


No comments: