Monday, June 30, 2008

Crazy weekend.

Man, what an exhausting weekend.

Pat was away this weekend so I thought I'd have some time for myself. Wrong.

Friday night was good - I was able to work on our invitations and I actually stayed up until almost midnight cutting out all the inserts. I got a phone call at 1:15am and it was Amy. They were stuck in Michigan and she was wondering if I could pick her up at 8am in Boston. Well, of course I did. So I tried to call Pat to let him know what was going on, but he didn't answer. I finally fell back to sleep. Then he called about 2:30 to figure out what was going on. I finally got back to sleep. At 4:45 I was wide awake, knowing I had to get up at 5am anyway.

By 5:40 I was on the road - the gas station actually opened early for me. How nice.

I arrived at Logan Airport at about 7:30. It was a nice drive down, there certainly weren't many people on the road that early on a Saturday morning. Amy and Luis arrived on time and we were off to Casco to deliver them to her Mom.

When Amy walked in her Mom was very surprised and glad to see her. It was quite emotional. Linda isn't doing well, but at least she knew who we all were. I think she's in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable. It's so hard to see her like that and know that Saturday may have been the last time I'll see her.

After that emotional visit I drove to Monmouth for Alaina's baby shower! It was fun to see her family again and they got a lot of nice stuff for the baby! They also got me our spice rack off our registry for a bridal shower gift! I'm so excited - I love it and it's the same one Alaina has! Now that we've pushed back the shower date Alaina might be able to make it if she goes early with the baby.

As exhausted as I was, I met up with Julie, Devon and Lavonah for dinner. I probably wasn't the best company since I was so tired and I also sort of felt like an outsider because they all know each other a lot better than I do. But I need more girlfriends so I hope we do it again soon.

Yesterday I went to Mass and then to visit with Gram, Mom and the Aunts. After lunch I finally went back home to work on the invitations. I got a ton of matting cut out and I love how it all looks. I'm really proud of these invitations. I hope everyone else loves them as much as I do. I know...they're only paper and they'll get thrown away. But still...I love them.

This morning I thought I broke my heel. I was walking down to the basement and when I stepped off the stairs my heel came down on my rollerblade wheel and it immediately hurt so badly I almost threw up. The pain was so intense. When I got upstairs I realized why - I am now sporting a HUGE blood blister on my heel. It's nasty and painful - it seriously hurts with each step. I actually contemplated not even coming to work today it's so bad. Gross.

Anyway, I hope you all had a good weekend! I'm going to try to blog more like I used to.

No comments: