Friday, September 30, 2011

Inspiration


A week or so ago I saw this on Pinterest** and it really struck me.  For so many years now I have been that person on the couch.

I work 50+ hours a week at a desk job.  After work, I would go home each night and flop down in front of the TV with my laptop and stay there until it was time for bed.  There was

So when I saw this picture I realized that no matter what form of exercise I added to my daily routine it was going to be more than I had been doing.

My routine for the past two weeks has been to get up at 6am and get immediately on the treadmill.  I make sure I have my workout clothes and sneakers laid out upstairs before I go to bed so I have no excuses.  Although 6am seems so early to me (I don't leave for work until 8am), it's good for me to get up and get motivated.  I walk for 30 minutes and then shower and leisurely get ready for work.  My goal with getting up so early is that when I'm ready to up my walk time to 45 minutes or an hour I won't have to get up any earlier.

So I figure 30 minutes every day is a heck of a lot more than I was doing before, and that's a good thing.

**Pinterest is an amazing site where you can 'pin' various pictures you find online onto your profile.  It's easier than downloading or bookmarking all the neat things you come across daily while browsing.  If your interested, you can follow me here!


No comments: