Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

For us the biggest event during 2011 was building our front porch.  I first posted about it here back in January. I am so thrilled this worked out for us to build this year.  I truly feel lit really transformed our house and I couldn't be happier with it.  Each time I pull into our driveway I smile.  Our builder (Mark Glennie) did a fabulous job and we'll likely work with him again this year to 'beef up' our garage.

 

I look forward to decorating the porch for the seasons during 2012 and beyond!  

What are we looking forward to during 2012?

I want to do more crafting.  I have a fabulous craft room that I don't use nearly enough.  I also want to try some new mediums to work with (fused glass) and I'm excited about that.  

We need to get the landscaping done around the porch.  The walkway doesn't line up and the side stairs don't match the granite steps down to the garage anymore.  We need to fix that, hopefully in the spring.

I'm also taking a photography class this spring!  My husband works for the local community college so I can take classes for free.  I figured I might as well take advantage of that.  Starting mid-January I'll be in class two nights a week.  That should be interesting, I haven't been in a college class in a LONG time!  I'm really looking forward to it though.

That might be about it...if I think of anything else noteworthy I'll post about it!  

Here's to 2012!

No comments: